Scalped!  

Tuesday 23 June 2009


Okay, so if there was an award for the clumsiest person on the planet, it would be mine, I’ve set my self alight (several times), fallen out of trees, out of cars, off of walls/chairs/steps/stages/horses/bikes, banged my head/toe on everything you can name, fallen up and down the stairs…the list is endless, and everyone is just used to me now…my dad used to call be calamity Jane when I was little, now the names are less flattering, but the gist the same!

But today, I almost scalped myself…and this is new even for me…of course, the other mums at school gasped when I clambered out of the car and they saw me with a little trickle of blood running down my forehead…but it could have happened to anyone…honest!

Silly really, easily done!

It’s a sunny day, so I was in the car, both windows open, a breeze blowing through the car, but I got behind a garbage truck, which, well, didn’t ‘alf pong a bit…so I pressed the button to send the window up. Problem is, my car has a button, which you press once and the window goes all the way to the top…regardless of whether the wind just happens to have blown you hair into the window opening.

OMG! It really hurt, I screamed as I was wrenched against the door by my hair, and while trying to hold on to the wheel, couldn’t find the bloody button quick enough, then I had to stop abruptly, thus throwing me forward, thus freeing me from the firmly closed window, minus a good handful of hair…and I mean handful!

I would have preferred if I wasn’t edging along in traffic on a busy road, that way there would not be witnesses, and I’m sure one little sod took a picture of me clutching my scalp and the clump of hair in the window, on his mobile phone!!!

Now I need to part my hair on the other side to hide the small cut in my hairline, and one side looks decidedly thinner than the other…big sigh.

Please tell me, this isn’t just me, you’ve all done it, right?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


20 comments: to “ Scalped!

  • Decadent Housewife
    23 June 2009 at 18:21  

    O my, I hope you are alright, never thought how that could happen.

  • ~Tom~
    23 June 2009 at 18:29  

    I can only imagine the pain on that one. It is not something I will ever have to experience. I am also sure it is no where near as funny as it is in my mind. I am just thankful the Atlantic Ocean is between us. Someday you will chuckle about it all though. I promise.

  • Randi Troxell
    23 June 2009 at 19:01  

    goodness... i have not done that one yet... but im glad your alright!

  • ~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack
    23 June 2009 at 19:06  

    Ive gotten my hair caught in the window as it rolled up or slammed in the door as it shut but its never turned out blood...yikes!!!! Glad you are ok...and Ill be watching for the picture online hehehe

  • RileyScott
    23 June 2009 at 20:04  

    I don't know Sal, I may rival you in the clutz department. I done everything you've done too, well except this last one, wow that's a doozy.

    Glad your ok though.

    Please oh please tell you told the mom's staring at the blood that "traffic was murder", lol

  • Linda
    23 June 2009 at 20:31  

    Owwwwwwwww! I had surgery on my nose this morning, and the DR said it would be a small procedure. I wonder what a big one would be?

  • Mental P Mama
    24 June 2009 at 01:20  

    Ouch. Oh, and I can totally see doing that.....

  • Maureen at IslandRoar
    24 June 2009 at 01:30  

    You are not alone! Not only have I caught my hair in car windows (and doors), but I once jumped down the last 2 steps on my inside staircase, "forgetting" the doorway at the bottom was lower than the ceiling and, you guessed it, almost knocked myself unconscious. Hated explaining that bruise on my forehead for the next week.
    Ow!

  • Joanie
    24 June 2009 at 01:38  

    Umm.... can't say I've ever done that. But OUCH!!!! My head hurts just reading that!

  • J.J. in L.A.
    24 June 2009 at 01:49  

    Well, I haven't done that because I have roll-up windows, but I could tell you stories of the various ways I got a few of my scars.

  • StylinMom
    24 June 2009 at 02:52  

    ouch....you are hard on yourself girl!
    hope you are alright!

    m :)

  • The Farmers Wife
    24 June 2009 at 03:19  

    Oh man! Thats crazy. I could totally see that happening in our car. I too am tres clumsy. Birds of a feather...

  • Anonymous
    24 June 2009 at 03:44  

    I've seen the picture on the internet! The guy with the mobile phone posted it up there 6 hours ago.

    Just kidding! Hope you are okay. I am sure it was a painful experience. Fortunately, my hair is too short for such encounters but I am sure we've all had incidents that we want to black out. Can't give an example though as I have already blacked them out.

  • Becca
    24 June 2009 at 03:53  

    OH goodness! I have gotten a few strands caught in the window or door but never as much as you described. It also didn't hurt as much as what you described and certainly didn't bring the blood you also described! I guess it could have been worse?! You poor thing!

  • Lone Grey Squirrel
    24 June 2009 at 04:04  

    Cat's out of the bag. I accidentally posted under my real name. I'm Calvin.

  • Sally's World
    24 June 2009 at 07:15  

    I'm soooo glad its not just me, i feel better now!!! well, apart from the bald patch!

    Tom, you're not the only one laughing, my kids were literally rolling on the floor when i had to explain the bald spot!

    RileyScott...no, blast, i never think of the witty comebacks until about an hour later, i'll have to remember that for the next time!

    Clavin, Hi, if it was you, you're in big trouble...LOL!

  • Trojan Gordon
    24 June 2009 at 08:55  

    Ouch.... Ouch.... did i say Ouch! that must of hurt bad!

  • Sally's World
    24 June 2009 at 09:20  

    LOL, it did, but its not stopping me going to salsa...just don't laugh at any thin/sticky up bits!!!

  • Anonymous
    24 June 2009 at 18:44  

    Wow, that sucks. Hope you are ok. My grandma had a car that the window did that too but can't say I ever had the same issue.

  • Candance
    24 June 2009 at 23:54  

    OMG, I snorted. Then I remembered a character on "Big Love" died when her long polygamist chick braid got stuck in the door of the truck she was running away from The Prophet in and he caused her to hit a pole. It didn't end well for her. Glad yours had a better ending.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster