Mouse masacre!  

Tuesday 2 June 2009


A friend of mine told me this story, and I laughed so hard I almost fell off my chair.

She'd moved home and found out there was a mouse problem. Now being a friends of the earth, vegetarian, animal lover, pacifist (no seriously she is) she didn't want to actually harm it.

So she got the humane traps, but the mouse got the cheese, and outsmarted the traps, and by this time my friend is thinking it was a genius mouse that probably ran the other owners out of the house in it's deviousness...

Eventually her partner made her realise they were going to have to kill this mouse...

So they got a traditional trap. Except the mouse (obviously not so smart after all) went into the trap arse first, which meant the mechanism sprung and instead of killing it instantly (as her partner promised) it broke its back!

So my (now distraught) friend said she had to put it out of its misery, so she put it in a bag and hit it against the wall...the mouse was still squirming and squeaking, so she decided to drown it, so she filled the sink with water and was pushing this mouse under...but kept chickening out at the last minute. So she thought she'd put it back in the bag and stamp on it (OMG), but she couldn't do it, so she was back to the bag against the wall thing again...

So of course, by this point in the story I was crying with laughter....and in an accusatory tone told her in her quest to be humane, she tortured the poor thing for half an hour before it died....goodness, the only thing they didn't try was setting the poor thing alight!!!

It's one of those awful stories that are so ridiculous you can't help but scream with laughter. What must have been going through the mouse's mind??? The fact that my friend was actually upset made it worse...I'm a horrid friend and have no compassion for defenceless mice it seems!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


13 comments: to “ Mouse masacre!

  • J.J. in L.A.
    2 June 2009 at 10:31  

    It seems to me that the phrase 'Be careful what you wish for' applies here. lol!

  • Mental P Mama
    2 June 2009 at 12:46  

    Yikes. I actually felt sorry for the little guy. But then, he wasn't here pooping all over my kitchen....

  • Linda
    2 June 2009 at 14:22  

    You know, if you see one mouse, there are at least 10 more! I've had a mouse problem over the years because we live in the country, next to grain elevators. The D-con stuff works, but you never find the bodies. I make my hubby set the traps, and that is the way to get them.

    If they are still alive, we throw them out to the cats. They are more than happy to get them out of their misery!

    If I didn't have a kid who is allergic to cats, I'd have one, at least, in the house to take care of them.

  • RileyScott
    2 June 2009 at 14:48  

    We get a few mice every summer due to shotty craftmanship under the deck, but we don't use traps.

    We have 3 cats, and we just find the bodies lying their for us in the morning. It's disgusting, but at least the felines have a use other then sleeping and shedding

  • Heather
    2 June 2009 at 15:02  

    Poor mousey...

  • ~Thought's By Dena~/ JDs Gift Shack
    2 June 2009 at 15:36  

    all I can say is ewwwwww I cant stand mice...and well I do feel a tad bit sorry for this one I got over it real quick hehehe hope your friend is ok..hehehe

  • Randi Troxell
    2 June 2009 at 15:49  

    oh this was too funny... !

  • ~Tom~
    2 June 2009 at 17:07  

    I could not help but laugh. Yet that poor mouse must have been praying to be put out of his misery after she tortured it. Ok I am still laughing....I just know I am going to hell over this one.

  • ~Tom~
    2 June 2009 at 17:08  

    Someplace in this world, Mickey Mouse is sitting there with his head in his hands and plotting revenge on your friend!

  • Anonymous
    2 June 2009 at 17:17  

    LOL< wow, yeah I feel sorry for the mouse myself but like you said, in means of not wanting to torcher it, she made things worse and it ended up being torture.

  • Sally's World
    2 June 2009 at 18:27  

    Yep, i've told her she's going to hell and when she gets there, there will be tons of mice ready to inflict the same torture on her LOL!

  • Melinda
    2 June 2009 at 18:41  

    LOL - no way did this happen. You are making it up. If in fact you are telling the truth...PETA is soooo going to be all over this one : )

    BTW - sorry for not commenting more...Blogger is having some serious issues with its IE users and this is the first time in a while I have actually been able to access your blog - which makes me sad because your posts always make me smile!

  • DawgDyke
    2 June 2009 at 19:53  

    Damn that is hilarious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster