R.I.P. Michael Jackson  

Friday 26 June 2009

Like millions of people I was shocked at the unexpected passing of Michael Jackson. Now, I'm not going to pretend that I was the biggest Michael Jackson fan ever, I'm not going to even pretend I understood him. But I did grow up with the music, the same music that can be listened to and appreciated now, he is an icon, and once again we are reminded that life is short and precious.

We played 'you are not alone' at Aarons funeral as it felt so fitting and is one of Dave's favourites.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


6 comments: to “ R.I.P. Michael Jackson

  • Linda
    26 June 2009 at 15:26  

    I couldn't get the video to load, but of all the songs I've heard today, this is the one I like the best. I've never been a Michael Jackson fan, but his life was not easy. Money and fame can be a tragedy, not a blessing!

  • Randi Troxell
    26 June 2009 at 17:02  

    like you i couldnt call myself the biggest fan, nor understand him--- but its still so hard to believe and is so sad...

  • Cammie
    26 June 2009 at 17:42  

    such a sad end to an era. He was such a big part of our history

  • Maureen at IslandRoar
    26 June 2009 at 20:15  

    I can mark the first 22 years of my life by so much of his music. Freaky guy, for sure. But it's sad.

  • Melinda
    27 June 2009 at 01:33  

    I have missed reading your blog so much while I have been away. I hope all is well with you and your family. Can't wait to catch up now that my computer is all better.

    As for Michael Jackson, although he was somewhat of a freak in the end, he will always be a kind of reminder to some of my childhood memories. My brother when only 2, use to sing Thriller in these big old sunglasses...it was sooo cute.

  • Leslie
    28 June 2009 at 03:58  

    Beautiful song...

    We've lost a wonderful talent.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster