Mum/nurse  

Saturday 27 June 2009


Well, if I'm negletful of your blogs at the moment, it's only because Deion has Laryngitis...of course, you'd think it would shut him up, but not Deion, he's managing to be demanding still.

I am worn out, run ragged, had two hours sleep in the last three days and am going stir crazy from being stuck in the house.

Of course I have some guilt to deal with on top of that...when I was a kid, I would have to have a concussion, a nosebleed, chickenpox and possibly be missing a limb to get a day off school...so when Deion moaned about a sore throat the other morning, I took his temperature (fine) checked his throat (no redness) and got him off to school.

I got a phone call about an hour later saying Deion did have a temperature. So I picked him up, took him straight round the doctors, who confirmed laryngitis...so then I felt bad...and it was made worse when I told the doctor he was fine before school..."but I told you mummy" Deion announced, "I told you I wasn't well, but you said I had to go to school."

So now the doctor thinks I'm a cruel mum...oh well!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


7 comments: to “ Mum/nurse

  • J.J. in L.A.
    27 June 2009 at 11:17  

    My mom would've done the same thing. She made me go to school the day after (a Friday) an out-patient surgery! She said, "You can go in a wheelchair." Which I did for 2 weeks. lol!

    I hope he gets better SOON!!!

  • Mental P Mama
    27 June 2009 at 13:21  

    LOL. I would have done the very same thing. And I'm sure the doc has heard worse;)

  • Linda
    27 June 2009 at 14:34  

    I hope he gets better soon too.

    I remember when my kids were in school, I kept them home when they were sick, but one day, my daughter fell getting on the bus. She had a pretty bad cut on her forehead. The driver told her she should go tell mom, but she said, "No, mom will get mad." He made her come back in, and I didn't get mad, but took her to the DR...8 stitches.

    Was I that hard on my kids that I made them go to school when they didn't feel well?

  • Maureen at IslandRoar
    27 June 2009 at 17:39  

    I'm a nurse and I always made my kids go to school unless I really saw symptoms. I'd often tell them they could call me if they didn't feel better by snack or lunch. And they rarely did.
    Don't feel bad; sounds likes he's getting lots of lovin' now.

  • Leslie
    28 June 2009 at 03:56  

    I do the same with my son. They sure can embarrass us though, can't they?! Hope you get yourself a break. And I hope Deion starts feeling better. Take care!

  • Sally's World
    28 June 2009 at 07:43  

    thanks everyone, deion is definitely on the mend a bit, well, judging by the amount of talking he's doing this morning, he is lol!!!

  • Melinda
    29 June 2009 at 02:01  

    Awww - poor thing. Here's to hoping he feels better soon. And don't be too hard on yourself...I think most mothers would have done the exact same thing.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster