The results saga…cont…  

Wednesday 14 January 2009



I really thought we had it sorted. I thought that today, the results would be in my hand and we would be planning the next step…But once again, I was wrong.

Deion had several appointments yesterday, it was an afternoon of it, we went down to the chid development centre with an extra large picnic hamper and some books and a pack of cards, and just camped out.

First he had his multi disciplinary with his paediatrician. This is an hour long appointment where we talk about all aspects of Deion’s care, weight, height, discus any changes and so on. Obviously the lack of results after Deion’s tests came up and the doctor made a phone call then and there (excellent) he was told he’d get a ring back.

The doctor knew we would be in the building for a couple of hours, so he was going to come and find us when he knew more.

Then we saw the community nursing team, discussed Deion’s pads e.t.c

Then we saw the speech and language therapist…not that Deion has problems with his speech…far from it, but she is also the person that deals with the problems Deion has with chewing and swallowing his food and drink.

Then we saw the dietician where we have to go through Deion’s food and drink and make sure he’s getting a balance as there are many things he struggles to eat now.

And after all that, we still didn’t get a call back. I heard our doctor leave all my numbers, and his own mobile with the relevant person; I heard them promise to call him back. And I really thought that because it was another professional, and not merely a neurotic mum (yep! that would be me!) that they would have called him back.

I guess we’re back to the kneecapping option then!!!!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


2 comments: to “ The results saga…cont…

  • Anonymous
    15 January 2009 at 16:21  

    How do deal with all that waiting?

  • Sally's World
    15 January 2009 at 20:23  

    I guess we have no choice but to deal with it, but thats not saying I deal with it WELL!!

    I try not to stress over the things I cannot control, but when its personal like this, I can't help but phone, phone, phone in the hopes that I'll drive them so mad, they'll phone back.

    Short of jumping up and down and having a tantrum, I don't know what to do. and I'm not ruling out the tantrum, believe me! xxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster