He Left Me!  

Friday 4 September 2009

Don't worry, I don't mean my husband, although, that would be preferable to the heart wrenching agony I felt when Deion wheeled himself into his first day at secondary school.

I actually thought I was having a heart attack at one point, all the while Deion was saying "don't worry mum, I can handle it." I think I don't like realising I have to let go, and he's my baby, the youngest, the last one.... I don't like to believe I am not as needed as I think I am!

Deion had a great day, he looked so grown up, he made lots of new friends, reconnected with those from primary school. He was full of tales of having his own lift key, a classroom assistant that supports a 'like, totally, rubbish' football team and what he had for lunch.

It turns out that the nervous breakdown and the mild stroke I had were unwarranted.

The pictures make my heart melt, I am a proud mum....here's my 'not so' baby!!!



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


16 comments: to “ He Left Me!

  • Trojan Gordon
    4 September 2009 at 20:40  

    Arh Deion Looks so grown up! I cant believe he is starting Secondary school (High School) - time has really flown. I really happy that his first day was a good one.

    Great Pics Sal.

    xXx

  • Niksmom
    4 September 2009 at 21:08  

    WOW! He looks so mature and so handsome in his uniform and spiffy haircut. So glad he had a great first day.

    Did I mention I'm N-E-V-E-R letting my one and only son go? Nope. Well, not for a damn long time! LOL

  • Anonymous
    4 September 2009 at 21:38  

    He looks so handsome!

  • Linda
    4 September 2009 at 21:38  

    Did he get his wheel chair back? He looks happy and content!

    Congratulations!

  • Randi Troxell
    4 September 2009 at 21:41  

    how handsome! and yea... i kinda hate to tell you this sally... but yep! i think he's heading toward looking grown that little.. lol.. so glad his day went so well... have a wonderful wkend!

  • Gloria
    4 September 2009 at 23:27  

    Can't believe how handsome and happy he looks . . brings a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye . . . memories, memories!! Such a cute haircut . . he looks so set. Believe me Sal, there's so much more still to come. Empty nest syndrome . . don't get me started . . . . . !!!!

    GloxxXXxx

  • J.J. in L.A.
    5 September 2009 at 00:04  

    Now, that is one handsome dude! I'm glad he had such a good day.

  • ~Tom~
    5 September 2009 at 03:19  

    What a handsome young man! I am glad he had such a great first day. It is hard watching them grow up. Big Hugs to you mom.

  • Joanie
    5 September 2009 at 04:47  

    Look how handsome Deion is in his suit!! He's quite a looker, that boy of yours!

  • Anonymous
    5 September 2009 at 09:46  

    Dearest Sal,
    Wow ,Deions photos are quite something so,so so grown up!! I bet you are feeling terrible though it is so hard to let go and yet that saying is so true let them go free and they will always fly back when they feel the need.Remember how you felt at 11 wanting to be so,so grownup and be 13 ,then 13 came and you wanted to be so cool like the 15 yearolds then 15 came and how annoyingly near was 18 with all the freedom that brought.? Deion is stretching his wings and wants to show you how self reliant he is bless him .Guess who made him that confident ,my friend YOU and Dave ,what a credit he is to you both. Although half of you would want him to be more hesitant and need you more as a mum today But when he comes back beaming and full of it as he obviously has you can only feel pride .
    Cant believe Jordan is a sixth former too ,and with a string of exam passes to warrant an entry in the Guiness Book of Records too!Amazing ,please give him,my congratulations cant wait to see his designs as a fully fledged architect in a few years time .
    I loved having my lot ,6 under 8 ,it was like a permanent playschool ,then they joined the world of school(even had Joe at 5 in my own class ,poor boy there was no escape!!! ) Then they all became cubs/scouts/dancing/rugby /girls etc and I became less and less part of their world.Now they all have other halves ,families of their own and are busy with their own lives as I was too at their age.They are happy though ,so I guess that is all that counts .Somedays I wish I could turn the clock back and all of us in the garden fooling about but cant be done!!
    Just returned from a week in Cornwall with Charlie,Jen and Jamie 5 ,Amy 4 and Olly 2 so its on to the next generation now (without the piles of washing /shopping etc) so time has its advantages I guess.
    Much love and a big hug Wendy xxxxxx

  • Sally's World
    5 September 2009 at 09:58  

    Hi Trojan, thats the problem, the time just disappears... x

    Thanks Niksmom, he said all off with the hair...so i took him literally, sorry to say it,but we have to let go, I just learnt that teh hard way lol! x

    Thanks Dragon x

    Hi Linda, yes, we got his chair back literally the day before, i ended up having to go down and demand they fix it, while I waited, then i bought it home...relief x

    Hi Randi, thanks, you have a good weekend too x

    Gloria...No, don't tell me, I'm not ready to hear it, the thought of anyone leaving home and I may just slip into a cardiac arrest x

    Thanks JJ x

    Hi Tom, yep you're never prepared for how it feels when they suddenly have some independence, i would never have believed it until i was a parent x

    thanks Joanie, i think he knew it too, he said 'how cool do I look?' lol! x

    Wendy, as always, valuable words, I was saying the same thing to my mum the other day, she had been sorting out photos, oh my, ones of me and my brothers/sisters as babies, things were so much simpler then.

    I'd give anything to go back to mine, all toddlers adn babies in teh park, feedign the ducks, the playground, never having to let them out of my sight.... x

  • Maureen@IslandRoar
    5 September 2009 at 14:35  

    His face is shining; he looks so ready!
    Congratulations to you both!

  • Me (aka Danielle)
    5 September 2009 at 17:41  

    So glad his first day was so great! I can only imagine how hard it was to send him off! Hopefully it will get a little easier for you!

  • Missy
    6 September 2009 at 02:04  

    How handsome! You must be brave! A first date will soon arrive!

  • Becca
    6 September 2009 at 21:05  

    AWE! He looks soooo handsome in his uniform! *I think I am echoing what everyone else had to say but it is the truth*

    I am sooo happy that his day went well!

  • Gina
    7 September 2009 at 00:32  

    Hi there! Just found your blog and I wanted to let you know (as if you don't already know this) that you have the cutest kid ever!! Hope he..and you...have a great year. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster