11th December 2008  

Thursday 11 December 2008


Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday; I am embarking on the last year that I’ll be able to say I’m in my thirties!

I am always in two minds of how to celebrate now. It is very close to Aaron’s birthday, so it feels a little weird to be celebrating my own birthday, when I couldn’t share Aaron’s with him…on the other hand, Aaron would be very disappointed in me if I didn’t at least stuff myself with cake, he loved his cake, and is famous for eating half a big Thomas the tank engine cake in one sitting…we just laughed because if there’d been time, he’d have eaten the whole thing. So I’ll over indulge…just for Aaron you understand!

In all seriousness though, its not just about me is it, its about setting an example for the kids and making sure they know they still have to celebrate and have fun….I’d never forgive myself if they grew up feeling guilty for celebrating special occasions. That would be the last thing Aaron would want. I know I wont be able to stop thinking about my first birthday after having Aaron, we were still in the hospital, he was in special care, my mum and sisters came up with presents and a cake and my little sister asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and the only thing I wanted was Aaron out of special care. We were home a few days later in time for our first Christmas as a family.

Between Aaron and Deion, and winter being the time for them to be ill, I’ve spent quite a few birthdays in hospital. This year we’re in Orlando with family, escaping the cold weather and hopefully won’t be going anywhere near a hospital.

The kids want to do something, so we’ll probably go to the cinema or out to eat…or both, and I certainly won’t be saying no to breakfast in bed…who would!

I must say, I don’t feel any different…I don’t feel any different now to how I did when I was twenty, or twenty five…its only when I look in the mirror and think ‘bloody hell, how did that happen!’

Sal xxx

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


2 comments: to “ 11th December 2008

  • Anonymous
    11 December 2008 at 18:13  

    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday and a successful and productive year ahead.

    As co-founder of Sally's World, it gives me immense joy to be a part of this fantastic journey.

    I hope you will find whatever your heart dreams of and much more. Enjoy today and I’ll see you upon your return.

    Much love

    Trojan

  • Sally's World
    30 December 2008 at 18:20  

    Thank you Honey, you have been a tremendous support and a true friend. none of this would have happened without you, and for knowing you i am truly grateful.

    love you millions

    sal xxxx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster