remember me???  

Wednesday 3 February 2010


Hello, remember me? I'm that person that used to blog every day, catch up with all your blogs and offer some sort of support (I hope).

For the first time in what seems like forever, I have accosted Dave's computer and have a few moments to catch up and let you know whats going on in our insane lives...

I'm working ridiculous night-time hours, which seems ideal for an insomniac...but I'm not sure when I am supposed to catch up.

Deion is finally getting his botox in his thigh muscles, this should ease the pain until his operation to put his knee caps back down in the right place... where the thigh muscles are tight, all the exercises he has to do are pulling the kneecaps up, rather than stretching the thigh muscle...ouch!

Deion has had some special tests to see how the swallowing is going, his swallow is now unsafe with bread/cakes, anything of that consistency as the tongue is not holding his food in his mouth, so it slips down and he aspirates...hence all the chest infections.

Also plain fluid goes down too fast with the same results...so he has to have thickened drinks.

The doctors are talking about giving him a gastosteomy feeding tube so he can have enough fluid and calories safely...although this terrifies me because its all a bit "de-ja-vu" I am obviously happy to do whats best for Deion. Deion however is refusing, because the only person he knew with a gastro tube was Aaron and no matter how much we are trying to reassure him its different, he is scared. He also, very intelligently pointed out that we wouldn't tell him if he had an illness like Aaron's anyway...which is probably true, not sure how to reassure him really, and that kills me.

We get Deion's neurology results on the 10th Feb...so wish us luck.

I am feeling a little under appreciated to be honest, this may seem selfish and shallow compared to Deions dilemmas... I wonder why everything I do goes unnoticed, yet I am supposed to celebrate everyone elses achievements with gusto... I don't really know how to keep up with all the housework, cooking, cleaning, appointments and work these stupid late night hours. Of course, everyone still expects dinner on the table, dry cleaning collected, food in the cupboards and ironed clothes!!!!

Maybe I can arrange for the fairies to come in and do it while everyone is asleep...well, everyone except me of course, because I shall either be sitting in a police station somewhere asking a twelve year old why he thinks its okay to be stealing cars at 2 am/thumping his mum/carrying knives/smoking cannabis...or else I'll be trying to catch up with the bloody ironing!!!

Enough about me!!!

Jordan and Robyn have just had a few weeks of intense studying and exams, I think they have come through it relatively unscathed, if somewhat tired....mind you, now they have less study...maybe they can help out more round the house....sorry....just a thought!

Deion had his first secondary school report....8 distinctions, 6 merits...way to go Deion...a total star, that's gonna cost us!!!

We were snowed in for Robyn's parent teacher meeting...but she was so keen for me to see her teacher and be impressed that we trudged about four miles through the snow, met with the teacher for about 5 minutes...because of course he has no worries and thinks Robyn's a star, then we trudged four miles home....tell me again why I couldn't have that conversation on the phone???

Jordan and I seem to be bickering a bit at the moment, I guess its because he is in that in-between stage, he thinks he knows it all and is a grown man at the ripe old age of 16... "I'll be able to drive next year you know mum"... (that'll keep me off the roads anyway!)... and I still think he's my little boy... I must learn how to let go. I just see so much scary stuff out there, its not that easy.

The house is slowly getting sorted, we are 'nearly there' on most things... bit of tiling, bit of painting, a few shelves to put up...we'll get there, I'm just glad to be in and that everyone has their own space.

Okay, I suppose I'd better go, I'm not sure when I shall get a minute to get back on the PC.

Thanks for your e-mails and comments checking I'm OK, I really appreciate it,

Love you all

Sal xxxxx



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Email this post


13 comments: to “ remember me???

  • Linda
    3 February 2010 at 11:30  

    I wondered where you had gone, but now I know! Boy, you have a lot on your plate! I've been thinking about you and Gloria. We've missed both of you.

    I guess there are some people out there that really do have lives. I used to!

  • C.M. Jackson
    3 February 2010 at 12:33  

    Sally--

    so glad to see you back even if its for a moment! miss you. Best to you and yours-c

  • Deb
    3 February 2010 at 14:05  

    hey girl! thanks for catching us up! so listen, i think i would be ready to run away if i had the load you are carrying! i like to think that the reason us moms are so under-appreciated is because we just do what we have to without fanfare and we make it look so easy?

    fingers crossed for good results for deion.

  • Maureen@IslandRoar
    3 February 2010 at 18:04  

    So great to see your post in the reader. Wow, lots going on with Deion. A G-tube sounds like a sensible idea, but I can see why he'd be traumatized at the thought.
    And oh, man, I hear you on being or feeling under-appreciated. God, you're doing so much with the family, the house, the job...
    There is nothing about motherhood that has to do with appreciation. And we need so little of it, really. WE appreciate you Sally!! Sending lots of hugs. Hang in. xo

  • Anonymous
    3 February 2010 at 18:20  

    Welcome back! First, I will defiantly give you props for all that you do. I seriously don't know how you do it. Makes me tired just thinking about it.

    As for Deion, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it all works out for him.

    And for the bickering and a think he knows it all, my 8 year old does that. Great no hope for me. LOL

  • Cozyflier
    3 February 2010 at 23:36  

    Shhh, do you hear the trumpets and horns blowing???? That is the fanfare for you Sally!!!

    Don't you EVER feel unappreciated Girl. You are the best dang Mom ever. You have more on your plate than any of us could imagine.

    Yes, families take 'Mom' for granted, sorry, but if something happened to you, their world would be upside down. Believe me, I know first hand. So deep down they appreciate you.

    Praying for Deion and that your life will settle down.

    Hugs to you and the fam. Bless you.

    Carrie

  • Lana
    4 February 2010 at 23:27  

    I'm glad you're back. It sounds like you have your hands full.

  • Missy
    5 February 2010 at 01:40  

    I remember you! I think of you often!
    You have a lot going on! I believe all women, wives, mothers, etc. feel unappreciated at times. It seems that everything I do goes un-noticed until I mess up! They are all over it then!
    I will be praying for you and your family!
    Come back SOON!

  • Decadent Housewife
    6 February 2010 at 01:45  

    You are one amazing lady. Remember to take care of yourself too.

  • WordsPoeticallyWorth
    9 February 2010 at 00:56  

    You have it hard indeed
    From time taken greed.
    I feel for all your sadness
    And wish you good bless.

    A thought goes your way. Sorry. Thank you. Take care. Bye.

  • the "mom"
    15 March 2010 at 11:16  

    hi Sally
    I do am not as faithful to the blog but for some reason this am I went directly to your blog.

    As another mom I understand how you can feel unappreciated. It just happens. But trust me they do appreciate it and you are amazing. more amazing that most as you have some extra "stuff" on your plate. Hang in there - YOU ARE AN AMAZING PERSON AND MOM...

  • Leslie
    23 March 2010 at 23:25  

    Sally, I was thinking about you and your family and came by to catch up. Looks like you have been quite busy and the blog has been put on the back burner. That's okay. Life happens... and we deal with it as best we can. My thoughts are with you and hope everything is going okay for you.

  • debi9kids
    5 May 2010 at 06:43  

    You know, I have thought about you so much in the past few months and kept meaning to stop by and see where you have been hiding... and now I see why.... you arent here :(
    I hope everything is going ok. I miss you're upbeat & honest posts.
    (are you on Facebook???)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster